The Glen Lusset bar is situated on the edge of historic Kilpatrick a village on the north bank of the River Clyde immediately to the north of the Forth and Clyde Canal, on the road to Dumbarton. There is a legend that Kilpatrick was the birthplace of Saint Patrick. It is also on one end of what was the Antonine Wall in Roman times, and there is a fantastic walk that follows the route of the wall and that passes close by. There is lots of history surrounding the bar from the Romans to more recent times as Glasgow Docks were close by and the Forth and Clyde Canal which was built in 1790 passes directly behind The Glen Lusset. The area is full of historic houses and places of public interest. There are also some areas of natural beauty such as the Trossachs close by.